If you’re looking for a dynamic career within a culture of excellence and integrity, consider National Consumer Panel. As part of NCP, you will have the unique opportunity to help our clients fully understand their customers' purchase and attitudinal behaviors.
Our current openings are listed below, along with links where you can directly apply.
Please note: Once you click on a job link, you will be redirected to Nielsen's career site.
National Consumer Panel is searching for the right candidate to become their new Lead Software Developer, responsible for developing new programs and creating/executing test cases on a variety of mission critical applications and platforms including smartphone, CRM, websites and internally developed solutions.
Some (but not all) of your responsiblities will include:
• Developing and unit testing new code for all mission critical applications in use by NCP.
• Developing & maintaining test schedules, issue test status & summary reports.
• Executing test cases on a number of platforms including iOS, Android, CRM, and Websites in a Windows and Unix environment.
• Reviewing requirements and other project documentation and provide feedback, with an emphasis on testability.
Requirements for this role include:
• BA/BS or equivalent work experience.
• 5 + years of developing code and conducting QA testing.
• A solid understanding of all QA and Development processes.
• Experience using testing software - Quality Center and Spiratest.
• Experience with Java, J2EE, XML, VB , Redmine / Bugzilla / Test Director or a similar tool for defect tracking.
• Experience with applications and components on mobile platforms such as iPhone/iOS SDK, Android SDK, HTML5\CSS3, and RIM\BlackBerry is a plus.
• Knowledge of SQL, Unix operating systems, Database technology, Microsoft Office.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Ability to travel between the NY and NJ offices as needed.
In this position, you will provide day-to-day guidance, training and oversight to NCP's Call/Contact Center. Prior supervisory experience in a contact center environment is preferred -- or equivalent combination of experience and education and 3 + years Contact Center experience (Inbound, Outbound and Email functions).
Attributes ideal to this position include:
• Proficient with various computer applications.
• Knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office.
• Ability to sit at a desk for extended periods of time.
In this call center environment, you will act as the first point of contact for clients participating in the National Consumer Panel.
• 1 + years of customer service or call center experience.
• Answer between 50-100 incoming calls daily in a confident and courteous manner.
• Troubleshoot and resolve client concerns, such as the use of the retail scanning device.